Header 1

Our future, our universe, and other weighty topics


Friday, June 2, 2023

Naked-Eye Sightings of Mysterious Orbs (Part 2 of 4)

A recent article on the Daily Mail site (www.dailymail.com) has this headline:

"NASA holds historic UFO hearing: Agency unveils first findings from study into unidentified craft in our skies AND oceans - as Pentagon chief FINALLY admits 'metallic orbs' have been seen 'all over the world' "

But don't conclude from this that all the strange orbs seen are metallic. At the 32:00 mark of the video here, a 4 -hour video of the NASA conference, we see a conference screen that has the visual below. The UAP refers to "unidentified aerial phenomena." I have circled the word "translucent" on the screen. Translucent orbs are not metallic. 

NASA report on translucent orbs


At the 32:33 mark in the clip we hear a narrator saying "the vast majority of what has been reported on and what we have data on -- a little less than half now -- are orbs, round spheres." The choice of words is careless, because if you have a little less than half that is not a "vast majority."

Mysterious orbs mainly show up in photographs, as if they were fleeting manifestations appearing too quickly to be seen with the naked eye. Translucent orbs have been photographed for many years both in the sky and indoors, with there being thousands of good photos in colors such as bluegreenpinkyellowpurpleorange and red. In my photos I have got more than 800 mysterious striped orbs, which have often appeared in repeating stripe patterns.  But in many cases people will report seeing a mysterious orb with the naked eye. I quoted many such accounts in Part 1 of this 4-part series.  Below are some more. 

Netflix has a version of the Unsolved Mysteries series much more recent than the original version. I recommend anyone watching it use the Netflix feature allowing you to choose particular episodes based on their content. Most of the episodes are rather boring cases of missing persons. But there are some interesting episodes dealing with paranormal mysteries. In the "Berkshires UFO" episode, we have eyewitness testimony of incredibly strange UFO activity occurring on September 1, 1969 in the western part of Massachusetts, near Great Barrington. At the 16:35 mark a woman named Nancy gives this narrative:

"And as we exited the bridge...I can remember this like yesterday. There was a light ball hovering, maybe about two stories high. We were amazed. I mean, we'd never seen anything like it. It was glowing."

Then at the 16:56 mark another witness of this event says this:

"And then as it rose, it fired these rods of light...My brother saw this orange orb, and it seemed to have this roll to it."

At the 12:35 mark of the video interview here, we have Travis Taylor PhD state this about an observation at the mysterious Skinwalker Ranch: " We had a sphere fly over the ranch that was unmistakably an unidentified flying object, not just some aerial phenomenon." 

On page 258 of a 1906 publication we read the following:

"It is well known amongst psychic investigators that many spirits manifest their presence by globes of light floating in the air, so I naturally concluded that the strange light I had seen had some connexion with the suicide committed there. Similar lights have been seen in churchyards, especially over newly filled graves, and are vulgarly termed ' corpse candles.' They are often a sign that the spirit of the deceased is still attached or attracted to its old tenement of clay."

In an Edge Science publication of the Society for Scientific Exploration, we read quite a bit about people seeing orbs with their naked eyes. You can read the publication by using this link. 

On page 19 we read this:

"Within five months of the AAWSAP start date in 2008 a team of 50 PhD and Masters level scientists, technicians, engineers, analysts, military intelligence professionals, program managers, and security officers had been recruited, hired, and were being assigned security clearances. During the program’s 24 months duration plus a three month no-cost extension, BAASS delivered over one hundred technical reports on different aspects of UFO performance, as well as reports describing medical, psychological, and physiological effects of UFOs and associated phenomena. Skinwalker Ranch One area of investigation initiated by AAWSAP involved the (in)famous Skinwalker Ranch where multiple UFO sightings had taken place over decades as well as a plethora of anomalies that included cattle mutilations, sightings of orbs of different colors, discarnate entities, and poltergeist activity (Kelleher and Knapp, 2005)." 

Later we read this:

"Journalist George Knapp made several visits to Skinwalker Ranch before and after the AAWSAP/BAASS investigations on Skinwalker Ranch, some lasting overnight. Subsequent to the trips, Knapp reported that his wife experienced multiple apparitions in their home, including sightings of blue orbs outside the window of their place in Las Vegas." 

Later we read this: "Other scientists and their families saw orbs and black shadowy forms in their homes."

The article mentions a "Hitchhiker Effect" that may come after visiting Skinwalker Ranch. We read this:

"Future research could also allow us to test various hypotheses on the mechanism involved in the Hitchhiker Effect. The common denominator with people who experience the effects of bringing something home is not respiratory distress, hemorrhagic fever, or other symptoms of viral infection. Alterations in a person’s perceptual environment appears to be the most common manifestation. Symptoms include waking up with black shadow humanoids standing over their beds; various types of poltergeist activity; colored orbs flying through people’s bedrooms and homes at night; apparitions of dead children or adults; unexplained loud noises around the house; and much more."

The book Seeing Angels by Emma Heathcote-James is a very interesting compilation of accounts of people who claim to have seen angels. On page 211 we have this account by a soldier:

"He described being in bed one night and was startled to see 'two balls of light appear and "hover" over his bed, moving about in a figure-of-eight-style pattern, after a few minutes the light metamorphosized into an angel', which looked down on him, smiling before slowly disappearing."  

The book Experiencing the Soul is a very interesting book about paranormal phenomena and life after death. An example of its very interesting accounts is on the page  here. According to the account, a woman hit by a hit-and-run driver was found on the side of a highway by a man trying to help. Dying and apparently drifting in and out of normal  consciousness, she said that she was happy because she was with her father, and asked the man to tell this to her mother. After contacting the mother, the man found that the woman's father had died an hour before the woman died, 700 miles away. 

On page 76 we have an account by a man using a mirror device called a psychomanateum to try to communicate with his deceased son Stephen.  We read this:

"One night as I looked in the mirror, a sphere of Light appeared in the darkened room and came outside of the mirror about 12 inches in diameter. Stephen appeared in three-quarters view, moving just as he did when alive." 

Here are statements from a news story:

"ANOTHER US Navy sailor has come forward to speak out after he witnessed a 40 ft ball of light UFO hovering over deck of the USS Ronald Reagan. Dozens - or even hundreds - of crewmen are reported to have witnessed the object hovering over the flight deck of the nuclear powered aircraft carrier in the strange episode from 2004....Derek witnessed it alongside another sailor, who also confirmed she saw the object in an interview with Mr Beaty. She described the object as an 'orange globe floating over the flight deck' that was keeping pace with the ship - which is believed to have been moving around 22 knots."

A mysterious orange orb? That sounds familiar. You can see hundreds of my photos of mysterious orange orbs by using the link here, and continuing to press the Older Posts link at the bottom right. 

 At www.politico.com, we read a reference to Wisconsin Congressman Mike Gallagher: 

"Gallagher also raised eyebrows by asking about a high-profile report of a 'glowing red orb' that was reportedly observed over Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana in 1967, 'in which 10 of our nuclear ICBMs were rendered inoperable.' ”

 In an interesting book by Aleksandr Aksakov, we have the following account:

"About the end of July, 1896, Madam d'Esperance came to Paris for a brief visit. In the presence of five persons [Madam Aksakof, Madam Boutlerof, her friend the Baronne de Zeidlitz, Madam Cauvin and myself], she tried to see how much of her mediumistic power she had regained. She sat upon a sofa, we upon chairs ; the lights were extinguished and we waited in silence, without forming a chain. After a few moments we all saw a luminous ball in the direction of the medium, at about the height of her chest, as it seemed to us. The ball looked like mist, or a luminous fog. It spread out towards the floor, then contracted, assumed the most various shapes, and at times displayed very brilliant points, like small stars. Finally, Madam Cauvin, who seemed to be entirely unfamiliar with such manifestations, thought she recognized the form of an infant. She became alarmed, wished to get away, cried out, and made so much trouble as to put an end to the manifestations. The luminous vapor diminished in volume, and finally disappeared."

 A news report says this (referring to Unidentified Aerial Phenomena or UAPs):

"Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence Scott Bray testified that reports of UAPs are 'frequent' and have been on the rise for more than a decade. He showed lawmakers previously classified video of a spherical object zooming past an F-18 fighter jet."

The book Man's Survival After Death by Charles Tweedale is a book of astonishing narratives, many being eyewitness accounts of the paranormal by the author.  You can read the book for free at www.archive.org. On page 278 we have this account of an orb growing in size, one seen by the author's wife:

"I now lit  a candle,  and  my  wife  informed  me  that  shortly  before she  awoke  me  she  was  herself  awakened,  and  perceived  a bright  globular  light  at  the  bed’s  foot,  just  at  my  feet,  but apparently  projected  upon  or  enclosing  the  brass  rail. At  first  it  was  the  size  of  a large  orange,  but  began  to  increase in  height  and  breadth  until  at  the  lapse  of  a minute  it  had the  diameter  of  a man’s  body,  and  stood  up  three  feet  above the  brass  rail."

Robert Crookall's book What Happens When You Die has some fascinating accounts of out-of-body experiences. On page 28 we have an account in which a woman says she floated through a wall during an out-of-body experience. She says that she then saw a gray orb "stationary over the roof-tops."  She said she got the impression of being watched by the orb, and then "returned to her body."  She says that twenty-three days later she again saw the orb, which she described as a "globe." 

I read the book "Materialisations-Experimente mit M. Franek-Kluski," which is not easy because it is available only in German. Luckily I can use Google Translate to get English versions of the pages. The book is an astonishing record of seances with a medium. The most remarkable thing about the sessions described is that the observers (Gustave Geley and Albert von Schrenck-Notzing) were able (using paraffin wax) to get plaster casts as permanent physical evidence of what they had seen. On page 58 we read the following astonishing account: 

"I asked him if he could see my sister in the 'Astral' who has been dead for 3 years. Answer: Yes. At the same moment I felt a woman's hand gently placed on my forehead, making the sign of the cross there and encircling it with a circle, as my sister always did when she was alive when she said goodbye to me. I recognized her hand, dimly lit, against the edge of the fluorescent screen that lay on the table in front of me. It moved several times before my eyes, and more and more I thought I recognized it. She squeezed my hand, patted my face. I can no longer doubt that it is her hand that I feel. A short time later a glowing orb forms in front of my face and moves away; then she comes very close to my face and to my great astonishment and also to my great joy I notice the fully recognizable facial features of my sister, who smiles at me as in real life. However, she seems much younger to me, about the way she was when she was 25. She died at the age of 54. The upper part of the head is surrounded by cloudy veils."

On page 128 of the very interesting book "Parting Visions : an Exploration of Pre-Death Psychic and Spiritual Experiences," we have an account by by a woman named Anne who was diagnosed with leukemia at age four.  She says at age six she saw a "ball of light" appear in her bedroom, and her pain went away. She says the ball of light transformed until she could see a beautiful glowing woman inside the light. She says the woman guided her on a journey to some ethereal realm, and then took her back to her room, promising that things would now be easier for the child. Hospital tests the next day indicated the leukemia was starting to reverse. Within two weeks the child's blood tests were normal. 

In volume 2 of the work Phantasms of the Living, page 76, we read the following account of an orb seen at the hour of death. 

"About  the  year  1841,  I  was  in  a  room  with  my  father  in  our house  in  the  Isle  of  Wight,  when  he  exclaimed,  'Good  God,  what  is  that?' starting  up  as  he  spoke,  and  apparently  looking  at  something.  He  then turned  to  me  and  said  that  he  had  seen  a  ball  of  light  pass  through  the room,  and  added,  'Depend  upon  it.  Nurse  Simonds  is  dead.'  This  was  an old  servant  in  London,  to  whom  he  had  been  sending  money,  in  illness. In  course  of  post  came  information  that  she  passed  away  at  the  very  time in  question."

The page here allows you to search accounts of near-death experiences at the site www.nderf.org. Using this search page tool, I found some interesting references to orbs in accounts of near-death experiences.

Nick S. (2006-03-11, ID #767): 

"In front of me was something that's hard to describe, almost like an orb or a spirit of some kind, but I heard someone say, 'You're not supposed to be here yet. Come with me and go back to your home. It's not your time.' I asked, 'Am I dead?'"

Debra C. (2008-02-03, ID #1542): 

"I was floating in place, colored orbs of indescribable color were coming toward me and all around me a feeling of peace and calm that you cannot describe, beautiful!"

Daniel T. (2008-03-02, ID #1565): 

"As I was floating, I saw orbs of light and as I passed, I saw people's faces, which I did not recognize. As I got to the end of the tunnel, the only face that I recognized was my Granny Wilson's. My Granny Wilson had died in the mid-1940's and I had seen her picture on numerous occasions."

Cam (2008-12-01, ID #1759): 

"First came absolute darkness, then a bright orb of light. The light was more than light; it had a hexagonal tessellation of radiant yellow/orange, but mostly white."

Vicki P (2011-07-04, ID #1788): 

"The next thing I knew, I was going rapidly through a tunnel toward a light. I saw small, bright orbs of light accompanying me and I said to myself, 'Angels!' Before I could reach the light, I returned to my body and came to."

Michael G (2010-02-26, ID #2178): 

"Then I saw this large, golden orb in front of me, suspended in the blue. It was close enough to touch, but I didn't. Its surface undulated, like the sea - rising and falling. Immediately, I thought, 'This is the sun,' but then remember saying, 'I am so sorry.' Instantly, without word, I was corrected. This 'orb' in front of me was no 'thing,' it was a personality. I don't know what it was. It didn't speak to me. It just was so beautiful to look at and be with; I didn't want to leave its presence.

Joshua B (2015-08-02, ID #3982): 

"Wherever this somewhere was, I had no human form. I was like a small ball of yellow light. Though in darkness, I knew I could see in all directions at once. Around me appeared other orbs of light. The orbs were other people who had passed away. We all glowed with different shades of light. Some were more pink, some were blue and I was yellow. I remember that all of our thoughts flowed into and out of each other simultaneously. Despite this, I could still process my own thoughts."

Lewis D (2007-12-16, ID #1391): 

"At that time everything went black, so black it was as though I could feel it. Then I saw a ball of light that seemed to be moving closer to me, it seemed to rouse interest in me at the time. I was moving closer to the ball it was perfectly round with twinkles in it."

Wendi (2008-01-02, ID #1461): 

"After leaving my body I was pulled into a void or darkness. In the distance, I saw a white ball of light come close and closer to me. I couldn't really make out what it was until I got closer.... It was a deceased friend of mine who had committed suicide the previous year. I was very close to this person in life, we went to High School together and he was a support to me in life as well as in death. He told me that I needed to return there was a strong sense of needing to return."

Robert C (2010-01-02, ID #2072): 

"I tried to assure them I was going into the light but they denied my passage. They were adamant it was not my time. Then I noticed I was a ball of light. I no longer had the shape of a human being. My consciousness was spherical in all directions at once and I had a god like knowing. Then all at once, I saw my entire life pass before me in minute detail."

Laurie L (2008-03-15, ID #4489): 

"I could hear the most beautiful music and I could feel it moving through me. The breeze blew against the tall golden wheat stalks, and as it did I could feel the spirit of all things living around me: animals, plants, the elements. I was one with them. I looked up and saw a huge ball of light that cast the purest, warm light all around me and felt God touch my skin."

A book on ball lightning quotes a case of a stewardess reporting a mysterious orb inside an aircraft

"Suddenly a bright golden sphere of about 40-50 cm in diameter [about 15 inches] appeared amongst the three of us...It shot down the aisle toward the rear of the plane. We three saw it for sure...There cannot have been a thunderstorm outside, because then we would have been sitting with the seat belts fastened."

A case like this should be classified as a mysterious orb rather than ball lightning,  because a lack of any thunderstorm, lightning storm, explosion, high voltage or outdoor location 

Below from 2015 is a photo I took of a speeding pink orb in Grand Central Terminal in New York City:

moving orb

I have got this "string of pearls" effect shown here in 100 different photos, as you can be using the link here, and continuing to press the "Older Posts" link at the bottom right.  Check back on June 6 and June 10 for Part 3 and Part 4 of this series, which will be as long as the first two parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment