- Long after Earth's cities are wrecked and covered in moss,
alien visitors find one surviving remnant of American culture. Link.
- A woman on a slow-moving spaceship is the thirty-seventh
clone of a woman who once lived thirty-seven lifetimes ago on Earth.
- A future surveillance state requires everyone to wear
electronic headbands that will help control behavior and monitor
everyone's activities. Link.
- A man raises his IQ to be nine times higher than the average
human intelligence. Link.
- An Olympic competitor mysteriously displays superhuman
athletic abilities. Link.
- Astronauts find a planet offering boundless riches of sensual
- The rich flee to comfortable refuges in remote locations
after civilization collapses. Link.
- The emperor of a dying solar system vows to become the one
person who will survive the calamity. Link.
- Extraterrestrials try to conquer our planet by getting us all
addicted to something more pleasurable than sex or heroin. Link.
- A husband and wife decide to electronically link their
brains, so that they can always read each others' minds. Link.
- After man becomes extinct, robots live on, basing their way
of life on our old television shows. Link.
- A little boy becomes the only one on our planet who can
figure out a puzzle left by alien visitors from the stars. Link.
- A man freezes himself for decades, hoping that he will be a
rich man when he defrosts. Link.
- A group of friends on another planet vow to walk on all the
moons they can see in their sky. Link.
- Extraterrestrial visitors start to terraform Mars, making it
become more earth-like. Link.
- An old man becomes young again, and gets a shocking surprise
after he starts dating again. Link.
- An environmental disaster requires everyone on the
planet to make a ridiculous-looking modification in their
- Turmoil and tension erupts after astronauts from one planet
find that the beings on their sister planet are superior in every
- A man uses the Large Hadron Collider to help him steal loot
and store it in another dimension. Link.
- When a huge group of protesters protests unemployment caused
by robots, the sky above them becomes filled with menacing drones.
- When a starlet uses stem cells to turn back the clock, she
gets a nasty surprise at the Academy Award ceremony. Link.
- A country threatens the United States with a dark energy bomb
vastly more powerful than a hydrogen bomb. Link.
- Astronauts from Earth discover the secrets of the eons from
immortals on a distant planet. Link.
- The mother of the last family on Earth finds it necessary to
tell a comforting lie to her son. Link.
- After global warming worsens, illegal immigrants flee a hot
dusty United States trying to get to a green temperate Canada. Link.
- A superintelligent young boy faces bullying from the kids at his school. Link.
- A church of the future uses fancy technology to fleece the
- A society of the twenty-second century prohibits all males
from the island it controls. Link.
- A small group of trillionaires divide up the world's riches
for themselves. Link.
- Almost everyone in the US uses a personable computer
interface, making it the perfect target for foreign subversion.
- An opponent of modern technology lets loose an amnesia
plague, causing millions to lose their memories. Link.
- A young girl is puzzled by why everyone suddenly looks
hideously ugly. Link.
- A daughter suspects that her father has been replaced by a
sinister android. Link.
- A bloodless war of robots breaks out between the United
States and Europe. Link.
- On an arid alien planet, a young man goes on a quest to find
out if there is any truth to the legendary things called rain and
- A gold-digging wife is frustrated when her very rich and very
old husband uses high technology to extend his life far beyond his
expected time of death. Link.
- Long after a passing rogue planet yanks Earth into a new
orbit, a group of men explore a Manhattan buried underneath a
- A woman defies a future society of immortals that bans
- Noticing that his mother's body below the neck looks newly
young, a son suspects his mother of a horrible futuristic crime.
- A person on a low-gravity planet performs a set of heroic
deeds impossible on a planet like ours. Link.
- Two earthly nations use space-time wormholes as weapons
against each other, fighting the weirdest war ever. Link.
- A young woman with superhuman intelligence is criticized by
her fellow geniuses for falling in love with a man of normal
- A young man in a space colony orbiting Earth develops a plan
to return to the planet that humans abandoned long ago. Link.
- Scientists unfreeze life frozen at the bottom of an Antarctic
lake, unleashing a plague from millions of years ago. Link.
- A woman finds that powers high in the US government have used
high technology to alter her memory. Link.
- A person devises an ingenious plan that will let people on
his planet see the stars for the first time. Link.
- A collapsing volcano in the Canary Islands causes a
super-tsunami that puts New York City underwater. Link.
- A man discovers that the woman he wanted to marry is being electronically controlled by another person. Link.
- After robots take over the world, humans are confined to
pleasurable concentration camps. Link.
- The government offers a plan to freeze old people until a
future age when they can be revived. Link.
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Summaries of 50 Science Fiction Stories, With Links
You can access dozens of illustrated science fiction stories on this site by browsing through the story titles. But some people find it easier to select stories that interest them by looking through a list of story plot summaries. For the benefit of such people, I have compiled the list below. If you find a story that interests you, just click on the link to read the story. You are guaranteed NOT to be annoyed by any advertisements or pop-ups.